From a total of 140.7 billion downloads in 2016 to 208 billion downloads in 2020 The application development industry is growing at an unimaginable rate. Today you have access to several options for developing apps using industry standard development platforms.
Speaking of development platforms: There are two specific platforms: flutter vs. Native respondwho have a good market share in the app industry.
Today we’re going to discuss the two competing platforms and focus on their pros, cons, and critical differences. This helps developers in choosing the ideal platform according to their needs. Let’s begin!
What is Flutter and what are its advantages and disadvantages?
Flutter is a cross-platform app development Framework developed and launched by Google in 2019. It’s such a platform where The same code is used to develop both the iOS and Android variants of the application. Since its release, the number of apps developed with Flutter in the Google PlayStore has increased rapidly. It is a free and open source platform, and The language used is called darts, an object-oriented programming language that is very quick and easy to learn.
The flutter platform is great flexible and adaptablewith several ready-made UI elements that can be easily implemented in any app. Developers also have the freedom to create their design elements. It offers strong competition to the React Native framework, and some of its pros and cons are listed below.
Advantages and disadvantages of flutter
- Fast development process – With Flutter there is There is no need to write two different codes while developing iOS and Android applications. Flutter also uses the same user interface for apps in different operating systems as Flutter UI and widget libraries. Less testing is required by the developer as both apps are identical; Checking one will make sure the other is the same.
- Multiple Device Support – Flutter ensures that the user gets the same user interface and features even when using a smartphone with older processors or an older version of iOS or Android. This helps to maintain uniformity and ensure that a larger group of customers can use their products.
- Write and implement code faster – Flutter is a dynamic and flexible platform compared to other application development frameworks. Another unique feature of Flutter is the hot reload that allows the developer to do this Make changes to the code and immediately see the direct impact that change will have on the appThis makes the testing process much easier.
- Lack of enough libraries – Flutter is a relatively newer platform, although it is Open source and has pre-made librariesthe number of such features remains minimal. It is up to the developer to build libraries from scratch and upload them to the community to help others.
- Large files – The Flutter file size can be huge and sometimes difficult to manage due to its huge size. This is seen as a disadvantage as this feature may force the developer to switch to a different platform that creates more compact files.
Looking for Flutter Jobs?
What is React Native and what are its advantages and disadvantages?
React Native helps create app functionality in a similar way to native iOS apps or native Android apps using Swift / Objective C or Kotlin / Java, respectively. React Native is a robust framework that developers can use to do this Build stunning apps with stunning UI capabilitiesHowever, it should be borne in mind that React Native also has various advantages and disadvantages and, due to its limitations, it may not be the best choice for every project. Some of its pros and cons are listed below.
Advantages and disadvantages of React Native
- Community support – Since it is an open source framework, doubts and confusion can be easily resolved by asking peer developers. Also, developers are encouraged to share their codes and products and grow the community even more every day.
- Code reusability is a handy feature as most of the functions and codes are similar for the iOS and Android platforms. This helps to reduce the time required for the development process and thus improve the efficiency of the entire system.
- Support for third-party plugins and libraries – Many third-party libraries made up of complex functions can be easily imported into your app and used. This helps reduce the complexity of the whole process and the libraries are tested so there is very little chance of creating bad code using these libraries.
- Difficult to learn – Learning app development can be quite difficult with React Native, especially for newbies just trying their hand at the application development world. To get started with React Native, you need to have experience developing native apps. As such, React Native is not the best option to start your app developer career.
- Low security – The open source nature of Java also has its drawbacks. Every resource is open to the public. The apps developed with React Native have a very low level of security and can easily be used by another developer. When it comes to building apps for banking or transactions, developers stay away from using React Native.
Looking for React Native jobs?
Flutter vs React Native: what are the main differences between the two?
In the sections above, we have explained the functions of the individual frameworks separately. Now we’re going to compare the key features between the two platforms.
Differences Flutter vs React Native
|Native components are mainly used for the user interface in Flutter||Own components and widgets created by third parties are used for the user interface of this platform|
|Native appearance||Larger native appearance due to lack of third party libraries||Less due to the presence of third party libraries and APIs|
|Frame maturity||Not mature as it is a relatively newer platform||Highly mature with over 3 years of use in the app development industry|
|Industry acceptance||Lower because this platform is still in its infancy||Greater acceptance due to its long term existence in this developing industry|
|Configuration and setup||Simple and straightforward, which is easy for newbies to understand and work with||There is a lack of configuration and rationalization skills|
There are advantages and disadvantages in both of the different frameworks, and it is up to the developer to decide which platform is better suited to the task at hand. However, both are open source platforms, so the scope in both cases is immense and will only continue to increase in the coming days.
💡 Do you have a mobile application that you want to sell? Learn how to choose pricing models for your app