Project or customer acquisition is an annoying topic for many freelancers. The data of the market studies by freelancermap prove this year after year. The search for new projects is one of the greatest challenges of self-employment, which is why it is important to optimize the process accordingly. freelancermap offers the perfect solution for this: You can automate project acquisition with the project agent on our platform. Read on to learn what the project agent is and how it works.
The greatest challenge of a freelancer: project acquisition
In our annual market study, we asked participants about all aspects of self-employment, including challenges and downsides. The study makes it clear that project acquisition is one of the biggest hurdles for many freelancers. In the 2020 freelancer market study, 68% of freelancers even described it as the greatest disadvantage of being a freelancer – even before fluctuating income or unpaid vacation.
The biggest challenges for freelancers
Understandable, because the time freelancers spend looking for and acquiring new projects cannot be compensated. So the longer they take to find new projects, the longer they don’t earn anything.
freelancermap is not only an open marketplace for projects and customers, we also help freelancers to get jobs easier and faster. In order to make this possible and to provide our members with the best possible support in acquiring new projects, we offer the free “Project Agent” service. With this function, customer acquisition can be conveniently automated.
Would you like to receive project offers simply by email?
Join our … IT freelance community today! Create your freelance profile in just one 2 minutes.
Automate customer acquisition with the project agent
The project agent can be used free of charge by all members on freelancermap. It can be configured according to your needs and wishes and, depending on the setting, sends an email immediately or daily with current project offers.
How to set up your project agent
As soon as you are registered and logged in, you can start using the project agent. You can find the configurator under “My Account” ➡️ “Project Notifications”.
The project agent will send you new project offers from the specified categories directly by email. You will never miss out on new project opportunities again!
Follow these steps to set up your project agent:
1. Enter the name of your project agent.
2. You can then restrict the locations from which offers are received. The filters can be set here from “Worldwide” to a specific region and / or a specific country.
3. Then enter the desired contract type. Do you only want to receive remote project offers? No problem, just tick the box.
Setting up the project agent (1/3)
4. Then define the main category from which you want project offers. These are divided into “Development”, “Graphics, Content, Media”, “IT Infrastructure”, “Consulting & Management”, “SAP” and “Engineering”.
5. Use positive and negative keywords to ensure that the offers match your skills and needs as best as possible.
Setting up the project agent (2/3)
6. If you do not want to receive offers from certain project providers, you can exclude them in the next step. In the last block there is also the option to tick “only end customer projects” – this ensures that you only receive project offers from end customers.
7. Select the broadcast time (immediately or once a day)
8. Finally, select the desired e-mail format (text or HTML) and whether you only want to receive projects in English or also in German.
Save your settings. The configuration of the project agent is complete. From now on you will receive suitable offers simply by email.
Setting up the project agent (3/3)
Automating customer acquisition is easy
With the project agent, you can automate the search for projects and, thanks to customized filters and keywords, receive interesting project offers directly in your email inbox. Our premium members also have the option of creating several project agents in order to search even more precisely.
Have your next project sent to you by email now!