Inventory analysts are responsible for a company’s purchasing inventory. They manage inventory items and help companies make good decisions about inventory purchases. These analysts work primarily in warehouse and office environments and are part of the operations staff of a retail / manufacturing company. What does an inventory analyst do?
What is an inventory analysis?
The inventory analysis is defined as that Inventory check to determine the correct storage quantity. It’s a study of how product demand changes over time and relates to the calculations that are done to help a company better understand its inventory levels.
Inventory Analyst – Role Overview
Inventory analysis is ultimately very important to a company’s performance and bottom line. The benefits it offers include reduced capital costs, improved cash flow, reduced stock outages, smooth operations, improved customer satisfaction and reduced project delays.
There are several types of inventory analysis methods, some of which are listed below:
- ABC analysis
- Batch tracking
- HML analysis
- Safety stock inventory
- Just-in-time inventory management
- SDE analysis
Duties of an inventory analyst
Inventory analysts are responsible for Manage inventory items, perform inventory analysis and control daily inventory operations.
You determine and control where inventory needs to go and use statistics to determine which products are selling and which are below average. They also develop plans to keep product flowing smoothly and to place and track inventory orders.
Inventory Analyst – Responsibilities
These analysts are responsible for working with project managers to maximize sales and reduce overstocking, and are also responsible for Coordination of the supply chain.
You manage all inventory adjustments and transfers, document deviations and create regular inventory reports. They also analyze the root causes of inventory problems, provide solutions, and suggest improvements to inventory control.
What is the job of an inventory analyst?
- Manage inventory items
- Implementation of inventory analyzes
- Control of daily warehouse operations
- Determine and direct where the inventory needs to go
- Using statistics to determine which products are selling and which are below average
- Development of plans for a smooth product flow
- Submit and track inventory orders
- Working with project managers to maximize sales and reduce overstock
- Coordination of the supply chain
- Management of inventory adjustments and transfers
- Documentation of inventory deviations
- Creation and maintenance of inventory reports
- Analyze the root cause of inventory problems and provide solutions
- Suggestions for improving inventory control
Are you looking for inventory analysts?
Find the right freelancer here
Inventory Analyst Skills
Inventory analysts have excellent Computer skills and are able to work with computer software that handles databases and spreadsheets. They must also be able to use special software programs to generate digital reports and analyze inventory statistics.
You have advanced organizational skills and can pay very little Attention to detail. These analysts have excellent too mathematically and analytically Competencies.
Inventory Analyst Skills
These analysts have strong ones solve problems Skills as well as excellent time management Competencies. They also have the ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time and are strong ones communication Skills – both verbal and non-verbal.
What are the skills of an inventory analyst?
- Very good computer skills
- Experience with databases and spreadsheets
- Ability to create digital reports
- Organizational talent from experts
- Ability to analyze inventory statistics using software programs
- Excellent math skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
Join our … IT freelance community today! Create your freelance profile in just one 2 minutes.
Inventory analysts must at least a Bachelor degree. This can be in supply chain management, business administration, finance, accounting, marketing, or a related field.
You can also take advantage of online courses and earn certifications to advance your career. Check out the options for these below:
An inventory analyst’s salary depends primarily on the type of organization he works for. An analyst who is just getting into the industry can expect a salary of around $ 44,000 per year.
Analysts with a few years of experience can use up to $ 56,000 per year, while senior analysts up to $ 72,000 per year.
In Germany, the salary range for analysts is between € 35,600 – € 60,900 while in the UK the range is 19,000 – 39,000 euros.
How Much Do Inventory Analysts Make?
What does a Freelance Inventory Analyst make?
Average hourly rate for freelance inventory analysts
The average hourly freelancer rate for an inventory analyst is $ 83. For an 8-hour working day, the daily rate is approx. $ 664 (freelancermap price index – August 2021).
Inventory Analyst job description template
Here is a free template for an Inventory Analyst job description:
Inventory analysts are detail-oriented and have the ability to maximize a company’s output. If you are looking for a professional to take care of your warehouse management, here is a job description template to help you find the perfect analyst:
We are looking for an experienced analyst to help us manage inventory items, perform inventory analysis and control our daily warehouse operations. You must have excellent computer skills, be familiar with databases and spreadsheets, and be able to evaluate inventory statistics with software programs.
– Carry out an inventory analysis
– Determine and instruct warehouse workers where inventory needs to go
– Use statistics to determine which products are selling and which are below average
– Placing and tracking inventory orders
– Work with project managers to maximize sales and reduce overstock
– Document any inventory deviations
– Writing and maintaining inventory reports
– Excellent computer skills
– Experience with databases and spreadsheets
– Ability to produce digital reports
– Competent organizational talent
– Excellent math skills
– attention to detail
– Strong analytical skills
Find jobs for inventory analysts here