An LMS administrator is responsible for maintaining, implementing and developing the learning management system (LMS) of an institution. He is responsible for virtually every aspect of the LMS implementation process and must create and execute a detailed plan for growing and improving the LMS. What is an LMS administrator?
What is LMS?
An LMS, short for Learning Management System, is a software application that companies use document, develop and track the learning process for their employees.
It is used for e-learning practices and in its most common form consists of two elements: a server that performs the basic functionality and a user interface that is operated by LMS administrators.
Role overview of an LMS administrator
The software is primarily used to identify and evaluate organizations’ learning objectives and then track progress towards those objectives. It can also be used to train employees, integrate new employees, and maintain employee knowledge.
Tasks of an LMS administrator
An LMS administrator is primarily responsible for Maintaining a learning management system. They ensure that the software’s operational performance is on track and often take the technical lead in support of the system.
The administrator defines user roles and works with LMS providers to stay current on system specifications and updates. You identify everyone Opportunities for process and quality improvement and give feedback on any deficiencies that may exist.
Tasks of an LMS administrator
These administrators are responsible for communicating any changes in the field as needed and must provide weekly, monthly, or yearly training for employees.
They maintain procedures to ensure the security and integrity of the systems and provide end-user support when necessary.
What are the responsibilities of an LMS administrator?
- Maintaining a learning management system
- Ensure the software’s operational performance is on track
- Providing technical guidance to support the system
- Define user roles
- Working with LMS providers to stay current on system specifications and updates
- Identifying opportunities for process and quality improvements
- Provide feedback on any deficiencies that may be present
- Notification of any changes to the field as needed
- Creation of training courses for employees on a weekly, monthly or annual basis
- Maintain procedures to ensure the security and integrity of systems
- Providing end user support when needed
Are you looking for LMS administrators?
Find the right freelancer here
The skills of an LMS administrator
They are familiar with course design and development and have strong skills Data entry skills. Some organizations may also require LMS administrators to be familiar with Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and PowerPoint.
LMS administrator skills
LMS administrators are experienced in Manage data electronically and have basic knowledge Principles of project management. They have knowledge of learning principles and instruction-related design processes and are able to correct errors and solve technical problems quickly.
You also have exceptionally strong communication, technical and time management skills and a keen eye for detail.
What are the skills of an LMS administrator?
- Exceptional computer and software skills
- Familiar with course design and development
- Excellent data entry skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in electronic data management
- Knowledge of the basic principles of project management
- Knowledge of learning principles and instruction creation processes
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and fix technical problems
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent technical skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
- Distinct attention to detail
Join our … IT freelance community today! Create your freelance profile in just 2 minutes.
How do I become an LMS administrator?
To take on the role of an LMS administrator, a Bachelor degree is the first step. This can be in the area of Computer science, business administration, education or another relevant field.
Although a Masters degree is not strictly required, employers often look for candidates with a Masters degree for higher positions.
You can increase your chances of being employed as an administrator by taking an exam training and completed a few Courses. Check out some options for these below:
Salary of an LMS administrator
The salary of an LMS administrator depends on a few factors, such as: B. on the industry in which he works and the position he holds.
The annual starting salary for new administrators is up to $ 43,000. The average salary with a few years of experience is closer to $ 63,000. Senior administrators with considerable experience can have up to. to earn $ 83,000 per year.
LMS administrators in Germany make between € 47,850 and € 84,000 per year, while the salary range in the UK is between £ 20,000 to £ 41,000.
How Much Do LMS Administrators Make?
How Much Do LMS Freelance Administrators Make?
The freelancermap tariff index in June 2021 shows a average hourly rate of $ 100. For an 8-hour workday, freelance administrators do something like this $ 800 a day.
Average hourly rate for LMS administrators